Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday May 17 2010

General description:These last few days have been very trying. It has turned into a Jekyll & Hyde scenario, with the nights rather scary and the days rather buoyant. A whole new dimension of reflux has developed. At night I get a sudden jolt of acidic burning at the back of the throat, which leads inevitably to vomiting. This vomiting is more like a coughing to clear away the reflux rather than emptying the entire stomach contents.The bitter taste is terrible. I continue to eat well.
Weight: 64.5kg
Medication: Nexium 40mg/d. I have voluntarily switched from Pariet 20mg to Nexium 40mg/d. I guess that while ever I was not bothered by reflux [most of last 2 y 6m.] I was happy to just keep on taking Pariet 20mg/d. But now that reflux is becoming a regular nightly problem I have moved to a different brand of PPI drug and doubled the strength.
CodalginForte. On saturday night  I experienced bloating pain in the stomach and for the first time took Codalgin Forte [1 tablet]. This had a great beneficial effect. Took away the pain and induced a heavy drugged sleepiness.
Mylanta Double Strength: in a premptive move I have today started taking Mylanta [chewable tablet]before bed.
Nausea/vomiting/reflux: As above.
Bowel movements: Yes, but only small today. Yesterday was some of the best I have seen since the start of the troubles.
Energy level/exercise: Good./ Morning walks of 1 hour before breakfast. On Sunday I did the 9km circuit at Wallaroo Road. Busy outside in the garden on most days.
Pain [/10]: Worst was bloating pain 5/10 on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment