Friday, June 18, 2010

Trial suspended

On Saturday night 12 June 2010 I experienced a severe change in my pattern of vomiting. The established sequence of vomiting on a full stomach every one or two days changed to a patern of repeated vomiting over the course of the one night. Copious volumes of red vomit persuaded me to self admit to ED at TCH on Sunday morning 13 June 2010. I was moved then to cancer ward 14B and put on NBM. All use of Everolimus trial tablets were suspended. Thereafter I vomited once on Sunday nught, but no more since.
A gastroscopy was performed by Dr Tompson on Tuesday. He could find no blockage of the stent.  This is a minor miracle. I have gone back to a soft food diet; bowel motions have resumed. Intense dehydration has eased and urine flow is returning to normal volume and colour. I seem to be putting on some weight.
With considerable misgiving I recommenced taking the EVO tablets Thursday 17 July.

No comments:

Post a Comment